Thank you to Good, beautiful and true for the nomination. Please visit Cymbrie’s wonderful blog for inspiration and encouragement to find things that are Good, beautiful and true. I am particularly looking forward to Tuesdays when she will be hosting Poetry Teas.
11 Questions from Good, beautiful and true:
1. Your favorite quote?
“Why do you look for the living among the dead. He is not here, he is Risen.” Luke 24 v 5-6.
2. Why did you start your blog?
I started writing my blog about a year after Star joined our family through adoption. It was quite a year! I write mainly to process my thoughts and to reflect on what God has been teaching me. I also hope our story is an encouragement to others.
3. What is your favorite blog and why? (Please provide a link.)
A New Name by Emma Scrivener. Emma’s book and blog have been an inspiration to me for many years. She speaks about her faith and her recovery from a life threatening eating disorder. Her posts are always very thought provoking
4. What is your dream job?
I am very blessed to be doing the jobs I always dreamed of ( I am a doctor and a Mum )
5. What is your favorite book?
The Bible. My second favourite book is The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.
6. The best place you have visited?
Abel Tasman, New Zealand. My husband and I went on a canoe safari for 3 days, it was stunning.
7. A place you would love to travel to?
Italy, I would love to see Pompeii.
8. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
People tell me that my smile puts them at ease… I am happy if this is the case.
9. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Sometimes the most courageous thing you can do, is to try again tomorrow.
10. What is one of your hidden talents?
Hmmm, not sure if I have any …not many people know that I play the piano and the flute.
11. How do you decompress after a stressful day?
Running to worship music, followed by Gilmore girls, a glass of wine and chocolate…..or more recently blogging!!
11 Facts About Me
1. I was born in Yorkshire, England
2. My feet are so small I often wear children’s shoes!
3. As a child / teenager I was constantly told off for talking too much.
4. I once won a trip to Philadelphia by entering a recipe suggestion to a competition on the back of a Campbell’s soup tin. I had never actually made the recipe !!!
5. I have circumnavigated the globe by plane and coach in 6 weeks.
6. When I was growing up we used to go to Wimbledon to watch the tennis every year.
7. I love watching period dramas my all time favourite is the 6 hour BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. We walked out of church on our wedding day to the Pride and Prejudice theme tune.
8. I have climbed the 3 highest peaks in England, Wales and Scotland with my husband.
9. When my friend and I travelled to Australia we had to declare that we were entering carrying Tea and biscuits and the border staff laughed at us a lot!!(and let us take them in.)
10. I am the only member of my family who hasn’t been invited to the Queen’s garden party – my parents and my brother have been 😦
11. I do not like Marmite.
Questions for my nominees
1. What was your favourite book as a child?
2. Why do you blog?
3. What is your favourite blog, please provide a link?
4. Where would you like to travel to?
5. What is the favourite place you have visited?
6. If you could invite anyone currently living round to your house for a meal, who would it be and why?
7. What makes you laugh?
8. Describe one of your hidden talents?
9. Do you like marmite?
10. Have you ever been on an unexpected journey, what happened?
11. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
*Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
*Make a blog post telling 11 facts about yourself.
*Answer the 11 questions from the blog that nominated you.
*Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate.
*Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers by commenting on one of their blog posts
More info: http://theglobalaussie.com/the-official-rules-of-the-liebster-award-2016/